Breastfeeding nutrition is often an overlooked topic and can be confusing. It is important as it gives babies the nutrients they will need to grow and be healthy. Mothers may often be curious about it as soon as they are aware that they are carrying a life inside them.
As a trusted day care center in Bloomfield, New Jersey, we only want your child to be nourished as best as they can be. Here are a few things to know about breastfeeding and what a mother’s diet should be.
- Eat an additional 300 to 400 calories a day throughout this infant care period.
- Select nutrient-rich choices such as whole-grain bread with fruit and yogurt.
- Eat a variety of foods to introduce your baby to different flavors.
- Drink more fluids, but be careful of sugary drinks.
- Consider vitamins and supplements like vitamin D and Omega-3 supplements.
We at The Education Station Day Care Center may not be nutritional experts, but we learn enough to make sure the children we nurture are covering all the bases needed for their dietary wellness in addition to the mothers. Educating everyone involved and knowing that this journey is a team effort is what keeps us providing a high-quality early childhood education in Bloomfield, New Jersey.
If you are looking for day care in Montclair, New Jersey, look no further than our services. Along with our academic and enrichment programs, we can help develop your child and shape them to be the best that they can be.